Monday, April 23, 2007

Bye bye Keila!

After spending almost 5 weeks with Keila Knoebel, wife of Dr Marcelo Knoebel, I wave a tearful goodbye to her as she makes her way back home to be with her son and family. I got a chance to get to know Keila my first day in Philadelphia when Marcel, Keila and I made our way to St Peters school to interact with the kids there. First days are always tough and we managed to survive through the day by talking about things, trying to get to know each other. The next day, the three of us had a wonderful lunch and I learned the most wonderful things about this very special couple.

Things like Keila made a pitstop to the post office each day to send something out to her son - and how Keila would insist on going back to the same restaurant and ordering the same things because she had liked it so much the first time around..

Bug eyed as I was, I thought the 2-months of the fellowship would last forever. And yet today, at the Phoenix airport as I just hugged Keila, I found myself surprised at how quickly this time had passed by.

Keila? You are a wonderful person and have such a gentle soul inside of you. I wish you all the very best and pray that success finds you and your family wherever you are.

Oi!

1 comment:

Keila Knobel said...

Dear Rabia,
I was talking about you yesterday to one of my best friends. I said "she looks so uncomplicated and calm and yet so complete". I keep you smile deep in my heart.